Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When it's so much fun to just laugh.....

I've been trying to think of something interesting and witty to write for the last couple of days. I've been typing and deleting, then type and delete again. It has become such an easy way out for me to tell myself, I'll probably come up with something tomorrow. Well, that's not going to happen tonight... I will type anything that will come to mind and it won't be such a big deal for me if it does not make any sense. Whatever makes sense to me does not necessarily makes sense to you and vice versa.

I've always been taught that if everything else fails, laugh. It may sound, well, come to think of it, it does sound crazy. But, it works for me.

I don't know why but I always manage to put myself in such a fix that I suffer so much from migraine attacks and bouts of indigestion. I even got myself diagnosed with stomach flu although I'm still not even sure if there is such a sickness but that's what I heard from my doctor and I'm not saying otherwise!

Anyway, it was such a torture to have your head felt like cracking up with pain every sunday nights. Yes, I have regular migraine attacks every sunday night for almost 10 years. It can be from the mildest of discomfort to have all the rock bands in the world having a concert inside your head, specifically on only one side of your head. I've avoided taking pain killer as much as I can because I don't want to develop addiction of any kind but, lately, I decided to not make myself suffer and take whenever an ordinary massage can't help.

Okay, so why sunday nights in particular? I think, maybe because tomorrow is Monday, the start of work week... Seriously, it's exhausting to manage a business when the economy is not exactly bright and rosy. (This was exactly when I confirmed why I so dislike to study anything connected with Commerce in college, but, then again, that's exactly what my college degree is! hehehe) It's also the same case when I seeked employment elsewhere. Monday was such a depressing thought for me that my head began to throb with pain with the sun sets every Sunday.

Now, why do I say that laughter is the best medicine? Somehow, laughter is what got me through the migraine attacks and the bouts with indigestion. Laughter has effective erased whatever angst I may have with my life. Laughter has taught me to deal with people who are as difficult as me. In a nutshell, laughter has allowed me to live my life.

I can laugh at anything, or should I say that I'm learning now to focus more on the humorous side of life instead of emphasizing on the negative aspect. It can be a mere thought of a song, a place, a scene from a tv series, my nephew's naughty antics or basically what humor I can find from anything.

Laughter is the best medicine, not only for the physical sickness but for my emotional and mental well-being. I may give in to a frown here and there but at the end of the day I'll be having a goofy smile that says that everything's just fine.

No comments: