Saturday, August 02, 2008

One Day at a Time

One thing I realized last Friday is that almost everybody around me has become health-conscious. They're into blood tests and consultations on all symptoms presently known to mankind and then some.

Personally, I'm doctor-phobic. Meaning? I'd rather not know any illness that I may be sufferring from instead of hearing all those eye-boggling medical terms that could trigger brain-crushing migraine. It's not good, right? I know. Somehow, I'm more at peace with that and, I guess, less stressful.

Yes, less stressful, because I believe that a lot of those medical problems stem from too much stress in our life. So, I'm opting to take life one day at a time. Instead of thinking so much of what will happen, I will sit back and smell the roses. Problems will come however we try to avoid it anyway. And, instead of thinking of how other people will look at my person, I will think of how I will live my life. No one would suffer nor enjoy the consequences of my actions but me so i see no reason why should I give so much importance to their opinion.

Life is too short to keep on thinking what others think of me. They don't live my life for me. I do.

Now, if only my friends will remind me about this entry the next time I hear bad things being said about me....

No comments: