Friday, August 08, 2008

我是中國人

Today is the 8th day of the 8th month of year 2008 and, officially, at 8:00pm tonight, the Summer Olympics games had opened at Beijing, China.

Watching the ceremony on TV (how I wished I was right there in person!), it made me so proud to be Chinese. It's not the amount of money spent on the production or how colorful and magnificent the fireworks were or how jaw-dropping the performances were. It's the realization that China has come a long way and what an incredible journey it was.

2 comments:

JO said...

I didn't get to watch the opening show... I was busy with Patricia's birthday party that it slipped my mind.

sushigirl said...

try to watch kung may replay... it was, such a, i can't find the right words to describe the feeling basta, in a nutshell, i am proud, very proud!