Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cruciatus Curse

I never for one moment thought it would come to this... I'm an avid fan ever since I first laid my hands on the first Harry Potter book... It was like I was greedy (actually, I AM!) child who just couldn't get enough that I had to read it over and over and over and over......

But the last book, I was like, OMG!!!!

I never had an excruciating migraine attack like this since I studied (or should I say, crammed) for my macro-economics finals for my masters degree (which i never finished by the way and that's probably why! hehehe)... It was like having your head slowly being split into two by an electric saw and your brains cells were incredibly swollen and throbbing like percussions being thumped by crazed rock musicians....

To answer one of my friend's question, no, the book is NOT bad at all.. In fact, I never regret having to go through the pain (hahahaha)... It's just that you have to imbibe all the information amassed from all the six books (and then some) AND THAT'S TOO MUCH FOR MY PUNY MIND TO HANDLE! hehehehe

There were a lot of instances in the book when Harry suddenly had moments of enlightenment, as in, everything just fell into place and the clouds of confusion were lifted.... Errrr....... I don't believe I had any moment like that when I was trying to attempt to read the book the first time.... Come to think of it, I still didn't have them when I read the book the second time. I had to read the book thrice before I began to get glimpses of those moments... and I must stress that what I had were GLIMPSES. In order to have a clear view of the entire picture will have to take (A LOT OF) time.....HAHAHAHAHA

I had so many questions when I started to reading the book and was hoping to find the answers... Now, I still have a lot of questions and I think I need to risk more headaches and read it again and again.... hehehehehe

No comments: