Saturday, June 25, 2005

muddled thoughts #07

What would you do if you heard not-so-good things about your friend? Would you immediately inform your friend about them or would you just keep your peace?

It is never easy to tell anybody, especially to a friend, that there are gossips, more so when its downright malicious, about him/her going around. Personally, I strive to keep my nose out of other people's business, but for some strange reasons, their stories always find their way to my attention and, in turn, I always find myself in a dilemma. Shoud I or should I not?

Let's say you've decided to tell your friend, would you relate them word for word? And when would you tell your friend? Is there ever a right time?

And if you opted to ignore the rumors, what can be the possible consequences of your choice?

I guess the real question here is: would it be better to be ignorant of what's hurtful or would it be better to be aware of what's going on?

2 comments:

JO said...

if its about me, i would definitely appreciate knowing about it. so that i can take the necessary action if called for. at least you would know if the "not so good things" you've heard is true or not!

on the other hand, what you dont know won't hurt you either... still, its better to be aware of what's going on...

only a true friend will tell you the truth, no matter how much its going to hurt. and only a true friend will not let this "incident" put a dent on your friendship.

sushigirl said...

yeah! and no matter how hard it is, it's definitely better that truth be known....

still, i try to reword para it won't come across as THAT hurtful... censorship ba? hehehehehe