Sunday, October 05, 2008

To Judge or Not To Judge

Before anything else, I ADMIT! I'm guilty of being judgmental and actually NOT PROUD OF IT. I could always point the blame to my upbringing. I mean, everybody around me, has always something to say (unfortunately, most of the time, it's on the negative side of sphere) about everything. I can easily say that I picked up that bad habit. But, I know, that I am (more than!) old enough to be responsible for my actions instead of blaming everything and everything except moi!

Anyway, for some reason, I have always been annoyed by an acquaintance. Anything he says or does irritates the heck out of me, regardless if its good or bad. Maybe, we're on the opposite side of the moon or maybe we're too alike that we clash. OH NO! DON'T GET THE WRONG IDEA, PLEASE! Before you can utter, Oh YEAH, OPPOSITES ATTRACT, that will never do unless anybody out there would wish me incarcerated for bloody murder!

Going back to what I am supposed to be writing, this guy has been judging a lot of things lately, mostly personal decisions of other people whom I'm not sure if he even knew them personally at all. I'm not saying that I don't put labels on people, all I'm saying that I don't dare to proclaim my verdict on any issue, especially when it's too controversial for my own good. Why hand over the hammer that others would so love to whack my head with? Besides, the people concerned won't give a damn on my opinions anyway. They strongly believe what they do is right so how would anything I say can make a difference? Likewise, I also believe that I am right so....

We're no longer little kids being smothered with fairy tales, fables and parental control. We have lived (hopefully, we do!) out lives for almost half of the century. Assuming we did, shouldn't our view of life be not confined with what should be but be widened as to accommodate things beyond the realm of our comfort zone?

I think life would be a lot peaceful if we just respect other people. Instead of loudly judging other people, why shouldn't we just give them the personal space they're entitled to. We don't have the right to judge their actions that we may believe could be right or wrong. We're not perfect. We make mistakes. Everybody else does. Let's leave at that.

2 comments:

JO said...

ang puso mo!

kilala ko ba ang taong tinutukoy mo?


http://www.joarduo.com

sushigirl said...

what can i say? you know TOO well? hehehehehehehe