Sunday, March 22, 2020

Quarantined Thoughts #001

March 22, 2020

The first week of the month long community quarantine turned enhanced community quarantine has just ended. My life, as I know it for 50 years, has changed in such a way that I have yet to grasp the reality of it. Yes, my day still starts with a cup of coffee and go to work, but now I have to be driven to work and back with a face mask on the entire time I am out of the house. I have to carefully coordinate my chores because of the 5am to 8pm curfew. I have to sanitize everything as soon as I enter the house.  I have to be ever conscious of the people around me because of social distancing. Don't get me wrong, I am not against the precautionary measures imposed because I know those are necessary for us to win over covid-19.

It seems I have taken for granted that I can always drop by the mall whenever I felt the need. It appears I have taken for granted all those Sunday mornings I spent sipping coffees and munching on chocolate glazed donuts. Yes, I have taken for granted my life.



No comments: