Thursday, November 06, 2008

I Really Do.....

I never deny that I'm not the nicest of persons nor the most patient but I really do try to consider other people's feelings in making decisions. Somehow, I am more than baffled with this one person I know. Don't get me wrong, I don't see the two of us as friends. We're more of two persons forced to co-exist 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Harsh, I don't think so. That's how it is, really.

In fairness to her, we never really have anything BIG against each other. But, we manage to, unconsciously or could be consciously, rub each other in the wrong way. To make this brief, we are not operating on the same frequency. Actually, she's not too bad during her good days but she has this streak of meanness in her that never fails to make me want to commit bloody murder.

Again, I never deny that I'm one the laziest persons in the planet but I am aware what my duties are in line with my work. I am also very much aware of how important is to sustain a working inter-personal relationship. But she just makes me want to shake my head from 9am to 5pm, it's as if looooooong personal calls are part of her job description. What irritates me the most is the nonchalant way she responds when I ask her about work. Is it me or is it the work? If it's the work that she dislikes, well, I'm so sorry, there's nothing I can do for her. She has to work that one for herself and, hopefully, with minimal effect on me. On the other hand, if it's about me, she's not exactly an endearing person as well. So, I guess, in some weird way, we're even?!?

No comments: