Thursday, April 21, 2005

muffled thoughts #06

What was the one TV series that was synonymous to my high school life? As in, I won't be able to think of the one without the other? As in, this show made a DIFFERENCE to my life back then.... REMINGTON STEELE....

For some inexplicable reasons, I was so hooked on to this show... illogically enamored with this suave, mysteries, and old movie fan con-artist who assumed into the persona of this fictitious detective called Remington Steele. Maybe because of the girl power Stephanie Zimbalist's character, Laura Holt, was trying to project then. Maybe because Pierce Brosnan was so cool in it. Maybe because I was just a sucker for romantic comedies? Oh well.... ;)

So, how did this show affect my life? Well, for one thing, I always got reprimanded by my teachers, especially my English 3 teacher, during tuesdays. Why? Because the show was on Monday nights and I JUST HAD TO REVIEW AND ANALYZE each episode with my seatmate with nary a thought on the ongoing lesson... hehehehehehe It's a wonder how I passed then. Hey, that's another story....

The best thing that Remington Steele gave to me is my friend. Oh yeah, the friendship started because of that mutual love for this show. Or should I say, television? Anyway, that mutual thing carried us through the years and now we're still watching TV and loving every minute of American Idol! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll be right back after the break ;)

3 comments:

JO said...

uuy, favorite ko rin yan! i was able to watch some of its rerun here when the cable company offered us unlimited tv shows/channels for 2 months! i just sat in front of the tv practically the whole day during those 2 months. kailangan i-maximize, libre kasi eh!!!

kasama doon ay reruns ng wonder woman, charlie's angels, a-team and mcgyver...

Anonymous said...

how could you forget BUFFY??? ;-)

sushigirl said...

don't worry, her time will come.... nya-ha-ha-ha-ha